Chocolate + Liquor = Holiday Dreams
I love a good bar. I don't mean the tavern/pub type of bar (although that type of bar is obviously my favorite thing in life), but the kind of mini buffet of specially themed treats. I'm talking taco bars, candy bars, mashed potato bars, etc. They're a unique way to serve something that impresses your guests while actually being super easy to pull off. My favorite fun bar for this time of year is a spiked hot chocolate bar. I mean sure chocolate is great, but have you had chocolate laced with vodka?
You can set it up to be a beverage option during a holiday party or during gift exchanges on Christmas so it doubles as an excuse to take a break from your politically-opposite relative. If you get a little more aggressive with the topping options, it could be the dessert at your party. All you need to create the spiked hot chocolate bar of your dreams is hot chocolate, some toppings, mugs, booze and décor.
HOW TO CREATE YOUR SPIKED HOT CHOCOLATE BAR
For this part, I think the easiest and best way to keep your hot chocolate warm is to bust out the Keurig and offer different flavors of hot chocolate pods. Then you can make suggestions on fun combinations, like peppermint hot chocolate + whipped cream + marshmallows + Baileys. I like this assortment by Crazy Cups.
- Peppermint schnapps
- Cinnamon liqueur or vodka
- Caramel liqueur or vodka
- Butterscotch liqueur or vodka
For a holiday spiked hot chocolate bar, you can just use any holiday décor you already have. For my bar, I wanted it to be holiday but also have a general cozy winter vibe. Mixing flannel fabrics, galvanized metals and some greenery are a good combination. I also prefer to use clear glass mugs. Here's where I got my supplies...
- Clear glass mugs
- Dessert stand - I like how using this adds a little height to the setup
- Galvanized metal buckets - I randomly found these at my local grocery store but you can find similar ones at any craft store
- Red and white straws
- Sprinkles bottles
- Marquee star - it's currently sold out but you can find a similar one here
- Artificial tree
SIGNAGE AND LABELS:
3. Select "Get started"
4. Select "Posters"
5. Choose "Mounted Posters" if you would like for it to be mounted, if not, you may choose "Posters and Prints"
6. Select "Upload from your computer" and choose the PDF version of the sign of your choice
7. Select "Continue to print options"
8. Be sure to change the size of the document settings to 18"x24"
9. Select "Add to cart" and checkout
10. Be sure to give at least one day for printing before your party