I'm usually not a big fan of fancy fruit-based salsas. Give me a bag of chips and a jar of good old Pace Picante and I'll inhale those chips like there's no tomorrow. But this pineapple salsa recipe totally changed my salsa game. The sweetness of the pineapple combined with the saltiness of the chip is kind of amazing. Just make sure you use a high quality chip. And these individual cups make it easier for guests to eat something like chips and salsa while still looking somewhat dainty. I mean, is there anything less sexy than a bunch of people crowded around a bowl of chips double dipping their hearts out? These cups are a nice alternative to that.
INGREDIENTS (MAKES ABOUT SIX CUPS, DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF THEM):
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup peppers, diced (I like to use orange and red for the colors)
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 limes
- Salt and Pepper
- If you want to give it a little ~kick~, throw in a chopped jalapeño
- Chop all of the ingredients and combine in a large bowl.
- Squeeze in the juice of the two limes and give it a big stir.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of salsa into the middle of a small bowl.
- Take tortilla chips and line the outside of the salsa.