There's nothing this midwestern girl likes better than when the food of my native land is given a little Mexican twist. I'm talking about Mexican street corn. If you haven't had it, you haven't lived. I first had Mexican street corn at a graduation party and I spent the afternoon scarfing down multiple cobs and not even remotely caring I had kernels stuck in every crevice of my molars. Worth it.
INGREDIENTS (MAKES 6-8 SERVINGS):
- 6 corn cobs, husks removed (you can cut them in half and make mini corn cobs which are easier to eat if that's your jam)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ cups sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- Red chili powder, to taste
- 3 limes cut into wedges, for garnish
- Grill the corn either on a hot grill or a cast iron pan. Grill it until each side is slightly charred.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and cilantro.
- Remove the corn from the grill and spread each piece the mayonnaise mix.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the corn and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and chili powder.