Mexican Chopped Salad Recipe
I love this recipe for Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday or really just any day that ends in Y.
Mexican Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette Recipe
Prep Time: 20 mins | Serves: 4-6
Ingredients + Tools:
- 2-3 medium romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 to 1 cup frozen corn, thawed (or fresh corn kernels)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 to 1 cup peeled and chopped or sliced jicama
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup cubed cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Diced avocados (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 TBS red wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 TBS honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1/4 TSP black pepper
- Once all of the ingredients are chopped, toss them together in a large bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a jar and shake until it's all combined. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Pour the dressing over the salad to taste or serve on the side.