Sometimes I wish I was one of those girls who said things like “lovely” or “sweetie” all the time, except not ironically. Like, I have my sorority squat photo pose down pat, I refer to my friends as “my gUrLs” and I love nothing more than a good craft. My name might be something cute like Kristy or Katie and I for sure stick my bottom tongue between my top and bottom teeth when I smile.
When those cravings to be the possibly overly-feminine arise, I have the perfect drink…the lovely bubbles champagne cocktail. It’s pink and sparkly and just sweet enough for my inner Kristy/Katie/Britney/Melanie/Jamie/Molly/Emily.
INGREDIENTS (MAKES FOUR TO SIX CHAMPAGNE COCKTAILS):
- Bottle of champagne or prosecco
- 1/3 Cup blackberries + more for garnish
- 1/3 Cup water
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- A few ~*~sprigs~*~ of thyme for garnish
CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL DIRECTIONS:
- Add the water, blackberries and sugar to a saucepan and give it some heat. This is the start of creating a blackberry syrup. This syrup is divine in other cocktails, on ice cream, or mothafuckin’ staight into your boca if you like living dangerously.
- Once the mixture is boiling, turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- After your 10 minutes are up, strain the mixture and let it cool.
- Add about two spoonfuls of the mixture to your glass then fill with your champagne or whatever bubbly booze you chose. Decorate it with some thyme and black berries and sip up gUrL!