You know those fun moments when your boyfriend/girlfriend/life partner/whatever invites people over for a last minute get-together and is hoping you could just “whip something up?” Or when your friend who just broke up with her latest the one says she’s coming over with vodka and tears and you need something more than Pringles to soak up her emotions? These are times that call for easy appetizers that are not pizza rolls. These are the times that call for putting stuff on a stick. Just don't let this happen.
EASY APPETIZER: ITALIAN STALLIONS
INGREDIENTS (YOU NEED ABOUT TWO TO FOUR OF EACH ITEM, SO ADJUST BASED ON HOW MANY APPETIZERS YOU’RE MAKING:
- Mini mozzarella balls
- Basil leaves
- Slices of pepperoni
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 scallion, minced
- 6 chopped basil leaves
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper
1. Thread the basil, tomato, mozzarella and pepperoni onto your skewer or toothpick. Aren’t these the cutest?
2. In a jar, add the vinaigrette ingredients and shake well.
3. If you have time, refrigerate the vinaigrette for about 30 minutes. If not, the world will most likely keep spinning.
4. Lightly pour the vinaigrette over the skewers. Voila! An easy appetizer that looks like you cared a lot!
EASY APPETIZER: WATERMELON POLES
- Watermelon ~*~chunks~*~
- Feta cheese or goat cheese
- Basil or mint
- Balsamic vinegar
- Put each item on the skewer.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. BOOM. The easiest appetizer of your damn life.